Saturday, October 5, 2013

Review for Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Curry

I got this recipe from myrecipes.com We had it for dinner on October 4, 2013.

It was very simple to make. Everything went as it was supposed to and the ingredients were sufficient for the amount I was making. The recipe says that it serves 4 so I did 2 pounds of chicken instead of the 1 1/2 mentioned, and we had plenty leftover, and we feed a family of 7!


                                                              Cooking the chicken.

                                              I added paprika to give it a little bit more flavor


Everyone really enjoyed it, and it was filling. I liked that the broccoli was added at the end so it was still green and vibrant by the time you sat down to eat.

                                          
                                                         Putting the potatoes in the oven.

I also make Garlic Baked Potato Wedges. I cut 11 small-medium Russet potatoes into quarter wedges and placed them skins down on a baking pan. Then I brushed them with olive oil and sprinkled garlic salt and pepper on them. I baked them at 350 degrees while I was making the chicken dish, so probably 30-45 minutes, I don't remember exactly. They were very tender and tasty! They went very well with the chicken curry, also, and the sauce made a good dipping sauce for the potatoes.


                                        
                                                     The finished dishes on the table.


We will definitely be making this meal again!

To read my menu and shopping list for the first part of October, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment