Thursday, December 8, 2011

Make 'em laugh, make 'em laugh, make 'em laugh!

If you have met me in person at any time, you will know that I love to laugh. Loud and long clear! My husband says I laugh louder than anyone he knows, especially when I'm around certain people that are especially hilarious. One thing I cannot stand is talking to someone that does not understand humor. I hate it when I'm talking to someone and I crack a joke and instead of laughing the person either looks at me in a befuddled manner, or contradicts me and explains her real intent or thought. Then I have to say "I know, I was just joking." This happens to me a lot. Side note: maybe I should learn from that.
Anyway, talking to someone who doesn't have a sense of humor is like eating toast without butter. Or corn without salt. Or coffee without creamer. There is no enjoyment and I can't wait until it's over. How can you enjoy life if you never laugh? If you don't understand sarcasm, how can you get through life? Sarcasm is my favorite way to get out of any awkward or embarrassing situation.
People who don't laugh and don't get sarcasm usually talk about any or all of these three subjects: How much they hate Walmart; how they know Obama is a Muslim; and any ache, pain, illness or discomfort they or anyone they know may be having and how their Doctor is too stupid to properly diagnose and/or treat their condition. I hate discussing any and all of those three topics. When any of those things are brought up, I'm looking for the exit. Because people who seriously discuss those things usually have no sense of humor and I have no taste for dry toast.
There's a time and a place for serious discussions and times when jokes are not appropriate. Side note: keep trying to figure out when jokes are not appropriate. But really people, lighten up and take a joke. And if you're talking to me and I suddenly skirt away or find a lame excuse to talk to someone else; you probably don't have a sense of humor. (that was a joke. kind of)

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya. I need sarcasm and humor to get me through my crazy days. Sadly, most people don't understand my humor. Oh well, they are probably to boring for my taste anyways!

    ReplyDelete