Tuesday, December 27, 2011

3 Must Have Products We Discovered This Year

It seems like there is a never-ending list of new gadgets and ideas that come out all the time. New ways to brush your pet, sew a pillow, dry your dishes, and wash your clothes! But there are 3 things we've discovered this year that are must-haves, in our book.
1. Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel
This product comes with an applicater that allows you to stick a gel thing on the inside of your toilet. It lasts about a week and it works wonder for keeping the sewer smell down! It was given to us in a Care Basket by a Pastor's Wife friend and it's extremely handy.


2. Kindle
My wonderful husband bought a Kindle after Thanksgiving. We just got the plain, regular Kindle because I only wanted something to read books on, I didn't need another gadget for me to watch movies, tv, surf the internet, or do Facebook on. Plus the regular Kindle has the e-ink display which I love! I don't get eye strain while reading it. I absolutely love my Kindle, it's so awesome. Instead of having to find a local library that will allow us to rent books, and instead of filling our trailer with loads of books, I can rent them wirelessly and transfer them to the Kindle. It's an amazing piece of technology and I love, love, love it!
3. Norwex cloth
I heard about this when we were in Omaha, NE. A lady in the church sells them and she told me all about them. I couldn't even begin to explain what it is except it's a microfiber cloth that uses silver to capture and eliminate bacteria. You can use the cloth without any chemicals and remove as much bacteria as a Clorox wipe does. Again, without the harmful chemicals. The lovely woman in Omaha gave me a cloth when we left and I used it to clean the grease off of my cabinets and microwave and let me tell you, it is amazing! I have been trying to get the bacon grease smell out of my cabinet and I've used a baking soda paste, vinegar/water spray, and Dawn dish soap. None of it helped. I got this cloth wet, wrung out the water, and wiped the cabinet and wiped away layers of grease without hardly even having to try. And the bacon smell is gone! It also cleaned my microwave and fridge and they look brand new. Again, without any chemicals! I have also been told you can use it to clean your bathroom, mirrors/windows, and anything else and because of the activated silver inside of the cloth, you only have to wash it once a month. I want to get some more cloths, I have never seen a product like it before. If you try to live a "clean" life without harmful chemicals, this is definitely something you should look into.
So those are my top products of the year. I realize #1 and #3 conflict a little, but that's my life. I just take what God gives me and try to do the best I can with it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your kindle is working foryou for library books That's awesome. I agree with the toilet things - got some free in one of those freebies I send for, and they do work great. The only issue becomes getting Sam (toilets his chore) to not put a new one on every week...or stuck to the floor, etc (too much like a toy I guess!). I'll have to look into those silver cloths - sound pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete