Monday, September 30, 2013

Well, it's my birthday again.

I failed miserably at the whole "30 Things To Do While I'm 30" thing. I may have to change it to "...While I'm In My 30's". I definitely accomplished 6 of them, and I could maybe say I did 3 or 4 of the other ones. The rest, I failed miserably.

But this year was full of a lot of exciting things and changes, and a lot of heartbreak and pain. My life now is so incredibly different from my life a year ago that I cannot even comprehend that it's only been a year. A year ago I was lonely, felt stranded, I had blocked circumstances, everything I tried was shut down, and I felt like I had no control over anything going on in my life.

I still struggle with a lot of the same issues, because a change of scenery doesn't just make problems go away. But a lot of my wishes for myself and my husband have been given to us through the changes of the last year. And some of them, I found out I don't really want!

I don't want to say a whole lot about what my life was like a year ago because I don't want to bring up past issues. But I do want to say that God never fails, He never stops loving and caring for us, and He will deliver you just at the right time. So bring on 31! But I could do with a little bit less excitement this year than last year.

Circumstances change, friends come and go, people fail you and hurt you, seasons come and go, but God never changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment